Social Media Matters is Asia's only executive level business event presented by brands, for brands, to assess the underlying business value of social media.
Bringing together major global and regional social media platforms and the brands driving the future of consumer engagement, this event critically examined the use of social media as a powerful business tool and how leading advertisers unlocked the insights behind the data to generate business results.
>> Download the 2013 Wrap report here.
Major brand speakers included:
- Scott Monty, Global Head of Social Media, Ford
- Leonardo O'Grady, Director ASEAN Integrated Marketing & Communications, Coca-Cola
- Blake Cahill, Global Head of Digital & Social Media Marketing, Philips
- Simon Pestridge, Vice President, Marketing Greater China, Nike
- Pierre Abadie Lacourtoisie, Regional Director, Digital and Online, Estee Lauder
- Adeline-Ausy Setiawan, Country Media Director, P.T. Unilever Indonesia
- Hannelore Grams, Head of Digital & Social Media, Nestlé
- Barbara Iliopoulos, Social Marketing & Community Manager - Asia, Middle East & Africa, InterContinental Hotels
- Widhadh Waheed, Director of Social Media Marketing, Shangri-La International
Leading social media platforms:
- Shintaro Tabata, Executive Officer, General Manager for Advertising Business Group, LINE
- Ken Hong, General Manager, Weibo Marketing Strategy, Sina
- Alvin Chiang, Chief Marketing Officer, Renren
- Thomas Clayton, CEO, Bubbly
- Nathan Eagle, Co-Founder and CEO, Jana
- Darin Williams, Head of South East Asia, Facebook
- James Kondo, Managing Director, East Asia, Twitter
- Nellie Chan, Director of Marketing Solutions, South East Asia and North Asia, LinkedIn
Other leading stake holders:
- Esther Dyson, Investor and Digital Visionary, EdVenture
- John Bell, Global Managing Director, Social@Ogilvy
- Thomas Crampton, Asia Pacific Director, Social@Ogilvy
- Jan Rezab, CEO & Co-founder, Socialbakers
- Sam Flemming, Founder and President, CiC
- Joseph Webb, Head of Digital, Greater China, TNS
The sold-out inaugural event in 2012 was incredibly successful and gathered 525 senior executives from 270 companies around the Asia Pacific region with delegates from a plethora of high level consumer brands; Mercedes, Samsung, Cathay, Coca-Cola, CSL, Intel, Unilever, Lenovo, Nike, Dolce & Gabbana and Intercontinental Hotel Group to name but a few.
The event received significant social media support from attendees and those following online - with the event hashtag even trending globally.
If you would like to watch our exclusive interviews with the speakers and watch G.E.M.'s live performance from the event, please go to the VIDEOS section!